Random Musings

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In pursuit of 9:29

Every weekday morning I have one simple aim. Catch the 9:29 train from Vile Parle. However, on an average I manage to catch it only once or twice a week
Catching a train on time must be one of the simplest things to do. How hard can it be to leave the house on time and reach the station on time?? But over the last few months, I have realized that it is a very hard thing to do.
I spend a lot of time planning my mornings with the aim of reaching on time. But invariably the unexpected happen or rather the same things happen unexpectedly. I get stuck on the sofa reading the Mint. (happens nearly every day). I can’t find anything to wear (rarely), can’t find a place to park cycle (only on the days I take the circle to the station).
Anyway, today was a normal day and I left the house at a decent time and reached the station at 9:27. I had two entire minutes to reach the platform but still missed catching the train. College students were as usual loitering on the steps at the station, blocking the route for hurried office goers like me. End result, I missed my train waited for 20 minutes and took the next one. The train was empty, I gossiped with my friend Smita till I reached my destination. Not a bad start to an otherwise boring Tuesday.
Just three more days left for the weekend and am off to Jaipur on Friday evening!! Woppie!!!

1 comment:

Smita said...

You even got a lift till the station today!!! :-)

I understand why catching the right train at the right time is so important - because more often than not, I find myself in a taxi going to office spending200 bucks instead of a free ride.... sigh :-)